I upgraded from twonky v4.x to TwonkyServer v6.0.23 and the system no longer seems to transcode FLAC files.
I've installed flac.exe, updated the flac-wav.desc and flac-wav.location files (also created a flac.location file based on info from twonky tech support). Contents of these files and the clients.db file appear below.
- It appears as if the flac.exe transcoding is not taking place (no converted WAV files being created, and Roku Soundbridge client reports "This music format is not supported", and the tracks are preceded by an X (rather than a musical note symbol).
- When I run flac.exe manually with the command string I've got in the .desc file the file is converted properly.
- MP3 files display and play correctly on the Roku.
I'd be so grateful to anyone who can help with instructions or troubleshooting guidelines (for example, how to diagnose of the transcoding command is actually running, what variable values are being used for $infile and $outfile, etc.)
Here are the contents of the files I think are relevant. (All files downloaded from publisher's web sites as of 11/14/2010)
TwonkyManager installed in C:\Program Files\TwonkyMedia
FLAC installed in C:\FLAC (including flac.exe and other installation files)
Contents of files
C:\Program Files\TwonkyMedia\cgi-bin\flac-wav.location (also have same contents in a file called flac.location) [one line]
C:\Program Files\TwonkyMedia\cgi-bin\flac-wav.desc [6 lines]
# transcode audio (FLAC to WAV)
exec: flac -d $infile -o $outfile
C:\Program Files\TwonkyMedia\resources\clients.db [excerpt]